Pages

Sunday

AFTERNOON ESCAPADES

Started off my day with some adventuring at the amazing Montgomery Antique Mall with Michael. We're looking for a bar cart for the living room and we stumbled across this awesome booth with lots of mahogany furniture, owl bookends and this monocle wearing general dog statue. I just had to snap a photo of this guy, he's great inspiration for a painting I'm wanting to get started on.



Later, I ventured on my own to House of Wynn, two buildings full of European antique furniture, jewelry, teas, coffee, dishes, table linens and art deco items. I had never been there before but have passed by it several times while out on errands. The owner of the shop was very kind to walk me over to the second building which was locked and let me peek around at her book collection. Some things I found by the end of the afternoon on my Escapades:  The Painted Lady by Ursula Bloom, a Marble Verde Green Italian Leather Trim Journal, and a Tibetan Silver Bracelet. The rest of my day was spent goofing around in my backyard and later venturing out to gallery night.






details:
Blouse from my friend Rachel
Sea Foam Skirt from Forever 21
Rope Sandals and Tie Die Scarf from Target
Leaf Clasp Belt from Windsor

2 comments:

  1. I love your belt and the pretty color of your nail polish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The nail polish is quite new. I'm usually pretty bad at doing my own nails. But this color was easy to work with. Got it at Target actually, it's made by Pixi, the color is called Mink Grey.

    ReplyDelete